Sunday, February 13, 2005

Little Women completed

Finished this lovely little book last night. I must admit to a sentimental sigh, in that I wished there was more about Laurie and Jo. It's not like you can't make an educated guess as to how things turned out, but did she ever write a sequel?

Also nearly finished Mind to Mind, written by a clairvoyant healer called Betty Shine. Makes for good, positive reading. As does the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, inspite of what the title makes it sound like.

Once I've finished those two, I have a pair of books by a Buddhist nun called Pema Chodron to read. They've both come highly recommended, so I'll get my gray matter around those in the next couple of weeks.

I'd forgotten how good it was to read a real book though. Seems the past 6 years I've had no time to read anything apart from my gardening books. So I'm going to promise myself to have at least one fiction novel on the go at any one time.

Time to look at that 100 greatest books list...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jax Blunt said...

Can never remember which order they go in, but there's Good wives, Little men and another one. Could well be Good Wives next, and I used to have that somewhere, it might be upstairs. Can have a look if you want a loan?

February 14, 2005 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger Jax Blunt said...

Jo's boys! The last one is called Jo's boys...

March 18, 2005 at 4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home